Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org> on 2014/03/05 00:36:31 UTC

why do we index 'rep%3AGrantACE' ?

Hi,

I played around with concurrent ACL updates with (Oak-Mongo) and I saw
commit errors like:

aused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.mk.api.MicroKernelException: The node
6:/oak:index/nodetype/:index/rep%3AGrantACE/test68fa4877/node75 was
already added in revision

which brings the question, why we index those node types in the first
place? I doubt that anyone will search for internal node types.
shouldn't we exclude all rep:* nodetypes?

regards, toby

Re: why do we index 'rep%3AGrantACE' ?

Posted by Davide Giannella <gi...@gmail.com>.
On 05/03/2014 00:58, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> I remember myself searching at least for rep:AccessControllable on
> various occasions. It's a quick and easy way to locate ACLs within a
> repository.
I searched many times in CQ for the rep:ACL for packaging ACLs and
moving them from one environment to the other.

http://goo.gl/wZdWeL

Cheers
D.

Re: why do we index 'rep%3AGrantACE' ?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi

On 05/03/14 01:58, "Jukka Zitting" <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org>
>wrote:
>> which brings the question, why we index those node types in the first
>> place? I doubt that anyone will search for internal node types.
>
>I remember myself searching at least for rep:AccessControllable on
>various occasions. It's a quick and easy way to locate ACLs within a
>repository.
>
>> shouldn't we exclude all rep:* nodetypes?
>
>I think the conflict you're seeing should rather be fixed in some other
>way.

+1

regards
angela

Re: why do we index 'rep%3AGrantACE' ?

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
ok, thanks Angela for the clarification :-)

Tommaso

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi tommaso

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.