Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by kensky <ke...@googlemail.com> on 2006/05/11 01:24:56 UTC

[AXIS2] Replication For High Availability

Hie,
In my application I want to provide high availability and fault tolerance of
web services deployed on axis2 and tomcat.

Is it possible to have this featrue using Axis2 with Tomcat. if so how?

Thanks and Regards
kensky
Sent from the Axis - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: [AXIS2] Replication For High Availability

Posted by Kensky Schulz <ke...@googlemail.com>.
Hie Deepal,
Thanks for response.

In my scenario its an axis2 web application and on back I am using
native xml database. From your reply I can assume axis2 provides high
availability feature, but what if embedded database crashes, coz it
provides its own mechanism of replication and master election
mechanism.

I think one solution could be to handle the database and webservice
replica by tomcat cluster. e.g we have A,B and C nodes each with axis
and db. Firstly if anything goes wrong with webservices then
presumably any tomcat cluster will take up as master. Secondly if xml
db crashes where and how the subsequent requests transferred to the
replica? And, this native xml db provides its own replication
mechanism.

For this application I want to use passive(with state) replication.

Lastly, does axis2 provide any security mechanism for intermediate
messaging between clients and master in the course of replication.

Regards
Kensky

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Kensky ;

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
I believe sandesha is what you're after - just hit a 1.0 version for axis2.

http://ws.apache.org/sandesha/

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/