Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2009/02/27 00:09:51 UTC

Re: javadoc

Hi,

no, javadoc is not able out of the box to generate documentation for
several projects in one go.
It will on the command line do this for you if you enumerate the list of
source directories like in this example [1]:

C:> javadoc -sourcepath C:\user1\src;C:\user2\src com.mypackage

Ant has also a sourcepathref attribute for the javadoc task [2]

so you can define your source path like that :

<path id="allmysources">
   <pathelement location="C:\user1\src"/>
   <pathelement location="C:\user2\src"/>
</path>

<javadoc sourcepathref="allmysources" ....

My guess is the hard part for you will be to create the <path type
definition. To make it on the fly dynamically, you could have a script
generating the path in its own file. Of course the file created on the
fly has to be done before it is needed. Maybe someone has a better idea
about that.

Regards,

Antoine

[1]