Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Lori Kettel <lo...@messagingdirect.com> on 2008/11/13 21:43:58 UTC

transport url different than wsa:to field

We need to be able to send a webservice call to a different url than
what is set in the wsa:to field.    I've looked at the proxy stuff but
that looks to only allow you to specify a different host and port but
not the rest of the url.  How can I specify a different transport
address or is that even possible in axis2c?

Thanks.

Lori

Re: transport url different than wsa:to field

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Lori Kettel wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply but how would using the wsa:replyto address
> help in this case?
>
> It still needs to reply back to the same location but the proxy filter
> it is going through needs to have a completely different url than the
> wsa:to address, which the proxy will then route to.
>
> In axis2 java there is a concept of TRANSPORT_URL is there nothing in
> axis2c like that?

I do not think that we have implemented this in Axis2/C.

Thanks,
Samisa...

> Dinesh Premalal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Lori Kettel <lo...@messagingdirect.com> writes:
>>

>>> We need to be able to send a webservice call to a different url than
>>> what is set in the wsa:to field.    I've looked at the proxy stuff but
>>> that looks to only allow you to specify a different host and port but
>>> not the rest of the url.  How can I specify a different transport
>>> address or is that even possible in axis2c?
>>>

>> I think you can use wsa:replyto address.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Dinesh

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.

Re: transport url different than wsa:to field

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Lori Kettel <lo...@messagingdirect.com> writes:

> Thanks for the quick reply but how would using the wsa:replyto address help in
> this case?

wsa:replyto use to get a response to an endpoint than "to"
address. Basically server will send response to "replyto" address.

> It still needs to reply back to the same location but the proxy filter it is
> going through needs to have a completely different url than the wsa:to address,
> which the proxy will then route to.
>
> In axis2 java there is a concept of TRANSPORT_URL is there nothing in axis2c
> like that?

Please see echo_blocking_dual sample[1], it has a example of using
replyto address.

1.http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/user_guide/clients/echo_blocking_dual.c?view=markup

thanks,
Dinesh

Re: transport url different than wsa:to field

Posted by Lori Kettel <lo...@messagingdirect.com>.

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,