Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/08 06:07:46 UTC

Request bugzilla privilege

I found some duplicated defect in bugzilla and want to change stauts to
"Duplicate", but have no privilege to do that. Could somebody grants me the
rights? Thanks in advanced
--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: Request bugzilla privilege

Posted by Xia Zhao <li...@gmail.com>.
I remember Rob should have this kind of authority, Rob, can you help on
that?

Best regards,

Lily

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08.06.2012 06:07, Ji Yan wrote:
>>
>> I found some duplicated defect in bugzilla and want to change stauts to
>> "Duplicate", but have no privilege to do that. Could somebody grants me
>> the
>> rights? Thanks in advanced
>

> I'm sure nobody will object that I added you to the edit-bugs group when he
> checked your many very good QA contributions in http://s.apache.org/ODg for
> yanji.yj@gmail.com .

Note that there is a group defined called "qa-team".  If you assign
volunteers, on request, to that group, then they automatically get
canconfirm and editbugs privileges.  This is nicer, in some ways, than
assigning atomic permissions explicitly.  For example, we can adjust
the permission set for that role in the future.  Maybe the next update
of BZ introduces a new permission, we can easily give it to everyone
in "qa-team", etc.

And a reminder to all committers, if you set your BZ account to use
your apache.org email address then you automatically added to qa-team
and have these same permissions.

-Rob

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.