Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pål Wester <pa...@never.no> on 2001/03/06 11:04:01 UTC

sendmail logicsheet sends wrong Content-type??

I haven't seen this problem before and I
just wonder if this could be true.

One of my customers gets quoted-printable
characters in the mail sent via sendmail.xsl,
and probably because of the Content-type declaration
in the headers where it said "text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1"

On all the other servers that I have converts the
damn thing to 8bit.

Does someone know anything about this??
mvh:
Pål Wester, programmerer
never.no as, stortingsgt 30, 0161 Oslo
direkte: 22 01 66 34, 906 900 62
tlf: 22 01 66 34, fax: 22 01 66 21
http://never.no - icq:103476059
~ innhold for internett ~

Re: sendmail logicsheet sends wrong Content-type??

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, [iso-8859-1] P�l Wester wrote:

> I haven't seen this problem before and I
> just wonder if this could be true.
>
> One of my customers gets quoted-printable
> characters in the mail sent via sendmail.xsl,
> and probably because of the Content-type declaration
> in the headers where it said "text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1"
>
> On all the other servers that I have converts the
> damn thing to 8bit.
>
> Does someone know anything about this??

that sort of stuff is being handled by the Java Mail API and/or your mail
server - the logicsheet is a very simple wrapper around it. that said,
there are possibly configuration options for the Java Mail API which will
fix this - if you track it down, i'll be happy to take a patch for the
sendmail logicsheet to allow authors to set said options.

- donald