Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/02/01 16:11:54 UTC

Re: Roadmap for 1.8.0 and beyond?

On Jan 22, 2014, at 7:23 PM, Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> wrote:

> But of course this can also be made to work in JIRA if there's a strong preference for that…

No strong preference. Whatever works best.

Everett

Re: Roadmap for 1.8.0 and beyond?

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Related to the roadmap, but perhaps worthy of a separate discussion:
what kind of strategy are we aiming for with regard to provider
maintenance? Apart from the great work the Rackspace guys our doing,
our existing providers are generally going stale and risk becoming
outdated. vCloud and Terremark are two recent examples, but there also
hasn't been much work recently on AWS or Google stuff.

Do we need to approach users and/or vendors to ask them to contribute
time, with the chance that we will remove/deprecate all providers for
which no champion steps forward?

ap