Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by SrikRan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/25 21:31:17 UTC

ODE Retry Failure

I have been trying to implement the retryFor and retryDelay in my BPEL. But
the ODE Engine (1.2) does not seem to pick up the values I provide in the
BPEL. A default behaviour is observed which performs a fixed number (3) of
retries without any delay and then fails.

My tags look like these:-

<ext:failureHandling xmlns:ext="http://ode.apache.org/activityRecovery">
      <ext:faultOnFailure>true</ext:faultOnFailure>
      <ext:retryFor>5</ext:retryFor>
      <ext:retryDelay>60</ext:retryDelay>
    </ext:failureHandling>

I happened to notice a constant being used (MAX_RETRIES = 3) in the class
BpelEngineImpl.java.
Just wondering if this is the culprit. Please enlighten me on this.

Re: ODE Retry Failure

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
The failure handling mechanism is only involved in invocation failures (e.g.
a service that returns an unexpected response such as a fault not declared
in WSDL).  May be your failure scenario is different?

Processes are shielded from internal failures and cannot handle them;
internal failures are caught by the engine, the transaction is retried 3
times and if the failure persists, the associated timer is rescheduled.

alex