Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Ruegger <cr...@speakeasy.net> on 2002/08/06 20:52:10 UTC

Connection Pool Parameters

I've read the how-to at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

and have been able to succesfully set up Connection pooling with Postgresql.

Question:
I've not been able to find documentation on the precise meanings of the ResourceParams
tags that are set up in server.xml. Specifically, the params I am curious about are:

maxActive:
Obvious guess is that this is the maximum number of active connections in the pool.
Is there a way to specify an initial size of the connection pool?

maxIdle:
The value specified in the how-to is 30000. Obvious guess is that a connection is returned
to the pool after an idle time of 30 (seconds or minutes?)

maxWait:
the value specified in the how-to is 100. Clearly related to waiting for a connection
before something happens. What are the units here? milliseconds? seconds?

Are these documented anywhere?
Thanks