Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Luis Medina <lm...@ruralsource.com> on 2005/03/30 23:42:53 UTC

Newbie question

Newbie question here,
is upgrading Lucene as easy as replacing the old Jar file with a newer
version's Jar file? or do I need to recompile the application's code?

Thanks,
Luis

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 30, 2005, at 4:42 PM, Luis Medina wrote:
> Newbie question here,
> is upgrading Lucene as easy as replacing the old Jar file with a newer
> version's Jar file? or do I need to recompile the application's code?

Try it and see :)

It should work fine by replacing the JAR, with no recompilation
necessary.  The more important question is do you need to reindex.
Most likely not, but there have been some versions of Lucene that have
changed how some factors were computed and a reindex is needed in those
cases to keep things in sync.

	Erik