Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/05 00:21:14 UTC

System property "geronimo.base.dir" naming convention

The "geronimo.base.dir" system property is named inconsistently with
other Geronimo properties such as:

org.apache.geronimo.config.file
org.apache.geronimo.jacc.policy.provider

I am wondering whether it was named this way to follow the naming of the
similar property in OpenEJB and Tomcat:
    catalina.home
    catalina.base
    openejb.home
    openejb.base

Are we happy to leave the name as is, or should it be consistent with
other Geronimo properties.

John

Re: System property "geronimo.base.dir" naming convention

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I named this, and it was long before the org.apache.geronimo
convention.  I suggest we make the switch before 1.0 comes out.

-dain