Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com> on 2013/10/22 02:55:51 UTC

Cordova Issue Workflow

Google <https://www.google.ca/?q=cordova+issue+workflow> tells me that
there's a ContributorWorkflow:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow

But:
1. Creating/finding an issue is buried in text in the middle of the "About
Commit Messages" -- that can't possibly be where one creates or finds a
bug in anyone's actual workflow.
2. It doesn't say how/when issues are updated.
3. It doesn't say if one should try to have an issue assigned if they're
working on it.
4. "Review Board is a tool for committers to review each others' changes.
As a contributor generally you won't use Review Board - the pull request
should be sufficient." -- There's no link to review board.
5. It doesn't explain the Version fields (found/fixed) -- neither who
should fill them out/according to whatŠ
6. It doesn't explain how an issue should be resolved / what steps should
be taken. There seems to be a difference between something being "Fixed"
and something being "Resolved".

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Pages look great Josh!

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Shoot. Just ignore that "Not" :P.

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Quick side note: Thanks for taking this on Josh.

Cordova is kind of an older project and in that maturity things seem to sag
and wilt without exercise: especially wiki articles about our process!

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Jeffrey Heifetz <jh...@blackberry.com>.

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
Ok, I've done a first pass on thisŠ

https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow
+ is now a short and fairly easy to read page
- there's too much text at the bottom (tl;dr - it's about editing the Wiki
XXX fix me)

https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/IssueWorkflow
+ now focused on Issue bits
- there's some duplicated text at the bottom (XXX fix me)

https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/GitWorkflow
+ now has the extra Git bits

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Re: Cordova Issue Workflow

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Great feedback Josh!

Are you looking for answers to these shortcomings? If you're just looking