Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org> on 2002/08/16 02:19:16 UTC

[Collections] Release potential?

Okay, I think Collections is ready for a release.  I haven't done
the release notes yet, I'm not sure if that gets done before or
after the formal release vote is called.

Please take a look and let me know if there's anything major
I should do before I call the formal vote.

-Paul

Re: [Collections] Release potential?

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
Jack, Paul wrote:
> Okay, I think Collections is ready for a release.  I haven't done
> the release notes yet, I'm not sure if that gets done before or
> after the formal release vote is called.

I'm a big fan of having the release notes completed prior to a release.
  The release vote then is a simple "these exact bits are what we are
releasing" rather than some unknown product...

> Please take a look and let me know if there's anything major
> I should do before I call the formal vote.

It seems like everything has been addressed, but I'd like to take a
closer look over my todo list.  Unfortunately, I won't have time until
at least Saturday.

Does this also mean you're volunteering to be the release manager for
the release?  :)

michael