Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Emile Kok <em...@toughguy.net> on 2001/08/06 20:41:38 UTC

compiling action classes

hi all,
after running around in circles for a while, I'm feeling a little
stupid.  I want to extend the example app by adding new screens, context
and actions.  Creating the velocity screens is no problem, writing the code
for the context and action classes was no problem, but trying to compile
the classes using javac is a never-ending classpath update and in the end I
was not successful.  Should we be using ANT here?  What config files do I
change to include my new classes in the build?  If this is documented
anywhere, can someone point me in the right direction.

Also I often have to include the actual class name in the classpath (this
is a general question), rather than just the directory.  Does anyone know a
workaround?

thanks in advance

Emile Kok

Re: compiling action classes

Posted by Kasper Nielsen <ne...@kav.dk>.
> after running around in circles for a while, I'm feeling a little
> stupid.  I want to extend the example app by adding new screens, context
> and actions.  Creating the velocity screens is no problem, writing the
code
> for the context and action classes was no problem, but trying to compile
> the classes using javac is a never-ending classpath update and in the end
> was not successful.  Should we be using ANT here?

YES.
Have you read http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/howto/tdk-howto.html ??

- Kasper