Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/11/19 17:49:06 UTC

Code Signing Service

Don’t know if folks saw this:

https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/code_signing_service_now_available
shortened to: http://s.apache.org/4a5

Would/could/should we use this for Installer and TDF Mobile?

-Alex

Re: Code Signing Service

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Would/could/should we use this for Installer and TDF Mobile?

Already discussed with Infra at ApacheCon and set things in motion. Some of the details are NDA so I'll post once I'm clear what is allowed to be.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Code Signing Service

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> How would this benefit the installer over the existing PGP-based signatures ?

On windows it make the installation process a little friendlier.

Justin

Re: Code Signing Service

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 19/11/14 16:49, Alex Harui wrote:
> https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/code_signing_service_now_available
> shortened to: http://s.apache.org/4a5
>
> Would/could/should we use this for Installer and TDF Mobile?
How would this benefit the installer over the existing PGP-based
signatures ?
Would it show TDF Mobile as 'owned by Apache' rather than an individual
developer, for instance ?

Tom