Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org> on 2003/06/16 22:30:41 UTC

Resources sitemap problem

Hi

The following pipeline

      <!-- Resources -->

      <!-- {publication-id}/{area}/{file} -->
      <map:match pattern="*/*/**">
        <map:act type="resource-exists">
          <map:parameter name="url" value="lenya/pubs/{1}/resources/{3}"/>
          <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="lenya/resources.xmap"
check-reload="true" reload-method="synchron"/>
        </map:act>
      </map:match>

which is located within the top-level sitemap src/webapp/sitemap.xmap is
catching requests which should not be caught, e.g.

/lenya/oscom/authoring/

What I also don't understand, why is the "area" not really used?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Resources sitemap problem

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

[...]

>> why shouldn't it catch those URIs?

> because it isn't a resource, but for instance a redirect-to
> /lenya/oscom/authoring/index.html which is quite
> probably not a resource ...

OK, sorry, I misunderstood your reasonable complaint,
I thought you meant that it matches everything within
oscom/authoring/. I'm afraid we can't stop the
ResourceExistsAction from matching directories. Of course,
we could use our own action that includes this feature, or
ask the Cocoon community if we could send a configuration
patch.

>> Isn't it essential to catch
>> those URIs because the resource URIs are within this URI space,
>> e.g. /lenya/oscom/authoring/css/page.css?
>>
>>> What I also don't understand, why is the "area" not really used?
>>
>> Do we have separated resource trees for authoring and live?
>
> yes, we have. For instance you would like to apply different CSS in the
> authoring area
> than in the live area.

>> Than we will have to use the area prefix to read the appropriate
>> files. I remember something like a ResourcePublisher ...
>> But if the area does not matter, we read everything from
>> {pub}/resources, and the prefix can be dropped, can't it?
>
> No, I don't think we can drop it (see above).

OK, than we have to change the default and unizh publications, because
they have the /images and /css directories directly in /resources.

Andreas

Re: Resources sitemap problem

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> The following pipeline
[...]
> which is located within the top-level sitemap src/webapp/sitemap.xmap is
> catching requests which should not be caught, e.g.
>
> /lenya/oscom/authoring/

why shouldn't it catch those URIs? Isn't it essential to catch