Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jack Dong <jd...@sohu.com> on 2002/06/06 10:42:35 UTC

How to Set environment variable ?

Hi, sirs

the instructions of installing cocoon to tomcat4.0.4 below , that provided by apache group.

  1.. Build the Cocoon webapp as described above.
  2.. Copy xml-cocoon2/build/cocoon/cocoon.war into tomcat/webapps directory.
  3.. Set environment variable CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true
  4.. Start Tomcat: Go to the tomcat/bin directory, and run the startup script.
  5.. Open the Cocoon welcome page: http://localhost:8080/cocoon/
  6.. Congratulations! You should see the Cocoon welcome page.
The third Step, I did not know how to do it and I use win2000 pro. Because it have three segments
and in win2000 environment vairiable only has two segments, one is key and the other is value.

I did not do the third step, and I build cocoon has option target "installwar", and build sucessful.
But when I browser httP://localhost:8080/cocoon/ , I got message below:

type fatal

message SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not implement XMLReader

description java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info

stack-trace

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(Unknown Source)
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generateCode(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:377)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:365)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:328)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:291)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:270)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
What wrong I did?
cheers
Jack Dong

RE: How to Set environment variable ?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Jack,

Step 3 is for UNIX, not Windoze.

Do you have JDK1.4?
If yes, try step "Java 1.4 configuration" from
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html

Vadim