Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Radovana Straube <Ra...@akr.de> on 2002/03/25 10:54:37 UTC

Missing Logger in v 1.1.3

Hi!

I wanted to you use the Log4J in my application. I have downloaded v.
1.1.3 (jakarta-log4j-1.1.3.zip), but there is missing
org.apache.log4j.Logger file. In project history I have found that you
replaced Category by Logger. I think, after this change you forgot to
update ZIP file in download section on web page.

Bye
Radka

Re: Missing Logger in v 1.1.3

Posted by chenone <on...@alcatel.com.cn>.
Hi,

you should use log4j-1.2 beta. because 1.1.3 has no logger class, it is
Category. in 1.2, the Category has been replaced to Logger.

B.R.
chenyi

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Missing Logger in v 1.1.3

Posted by "Mayuresh Kadu (Duality)" <ma...@aftek.com>.
Radka,

I have already started using 1.1.3 in my app. However, i have not faced the
problem. Could it be that the Logger class is not needed at all ?

Mayuresh