Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/23 09:46:00 UTC

InterceptorStrategy?

Hi guys,

Do we still need InterceptorStrategy?

If not, can we deprecate it and remove it from our built-in interceptors?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
oki, let's do that.

Thanks Gerhard for the story behind that part of our code.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> Even then we will not be able to change it.
>
> Many customer projects did extend our default InterceptorStrategies with
> their own logic by @Specializes the DS versions.
> Tbh, I also don't see any real benefit from moving to custom Beans instead
> of easy to understand @InterceptorBinding.

It requires work for us to load an implem dynamically even when we'll never
change the impl,
it makes it hard to understand from a design perspective for end users
cause it is not aligned on CDI,
it is an API so as an user you expect to implement it whereas you never do
it normally

So overall it is more confusing for CDI users than helping and encourages
to bypass CDI for part of the IoC which sounds very nasty.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
In theory you are right.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
there are 2 issues:

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
#1 with cdi 1.0 (or to be more concrete: owb for cdi 1.0) you can't get rid
#2 e.g. TransactionStrategy has benefits beyond that (a public example is

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: InterceptorStrategy?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.