Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Helmut Eggebert <he...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/24 17:59:03 UTC

custom transformer to include/exclude in aggregation

Hi,

I know this topic has been addressed before on these lists, but I would like
a bit more detail and hopefully code snippets or a url with a pub example to
download.

I am trying to make a publication that has three different looks such that I
can specify a uri and a look that it should use.  I know there are a variety
of approaches to this such as:

A) writing a custom transformer that affects a pipeline that matches an
aggregation request and composes a page and sets specific uri's to
include/exclude a table, etc. as the page is aggregated/composed.
B) writing a custom transformer that creates categories that specify a css
to be used that will handle the design management at the browser level
C) using xinclude

I would like to use option "A" which I understand has been popular to
acheive this result in the past.  Are there any publications available for
downlad (ex. Michi/Gregor creations) that have this already done?

Perhaps somebody has a code snippet from adds/changes to
publication-sitemap.xmap and some xsl files?

The three looks I would like are demonstrated in the following diagrams
which change tables, include/exclude tables, and include/exclude navigation
components based on a specified uri:

look 1
+------------------------+
|       header              |
+------------------------+
|                                  |
|                                  |
|   article content      |
|                                  |
|                                  |
+------------------------+
|       footer                |
+------------------------+

look 2
+-------------------------+
|        header              |
+-------------------------+
|menu |             |         |
|           |article   | ads |
|col-    |              |         |
|umn   |             |col-   |
|           |             |umn  |
|           |             |          |
+-------------------------+
|                 footer        |
+-------------------------+

look 3
+---------------------------+
|       header                  |
+---------------------------+
|      | breadcrumb row|
+---------------------------+
|menu |                 |        |
|           |article      | ads |
|col-    |                 |         |
|umn   |                 |col-  |
|           |                 |umn |
|           |                 |         |
+----------------------------+
|          |  ads row           |
+---------------------------+
|           footer                 |
+---------------------------+

Thanks.

Re: custom transformer to include/exclude in aggregation

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Eli Spizzichino wrote:

> I was bufled as well by the password not being copied in the build.xml
> there is the exclude option for the /config/ac/passwd/lenya.iml file.
> copy that file from the default pub in the deployed pub or remove the
> exclude directive in the build to clone.
> I've tried it with 1.2.1 and it works (besides the rollback views as I
> wrote today)

for the record, this was done to make sure no live sites are deployed
with the default user / password. university of zurich uses that
codebase for their sites, after all..

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: custom transformer to include/exclude in aggregation

Posted by Eli Spizzichino <ml...@javanet.info>.
> Thanks.  Whenever I've tried to look at this pub in the past, I didn't
> have the correct login information.  What is a login username and
> password that will work to study this publication?  Also, which version
> should I use to study it (ex. 1.2.1 or 1.4)?

I was bufled as well by the password not being copied in the build.xml
there is the exclude option for the /config/ac/passwd/lenya.iml file.
copy that file from the default pub in the deployed pub or remove the
exclude directive in the build to clone.
I've tried it with 1.2.1 and it works (besides the rollback views as I
wrote today)
Eli

Re: custom transformer to include/exclude in aggregation

Posted by Helmut Eggebert <he...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.