Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by C G <cs...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/14 10:33:22 UTC

libcxa

Dear All,

I've just downloaded the latest version of xerces-c, but I'm have problems
getting it to work. I have a simple test program hello.c, but can't get it
to compile.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Colin

Ps I'm using gcc-2.95 under Debain stable

gcc -o hello hello.c  -L/usr/local/xerces-c/lib -lxerces-c
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcxa.so.3, needed by
/usr/local/xerces-c/lib/libxerces-c.so, not found (try using -rpath or
-rpath-link)
/usr/local/xerces-c/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `operator
new[](unsigned)'
/usr/local/xerces-c/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to
`__cxa_rethrow'
/usr/local/xerces-c/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
<snip>
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Re: libcxa

Posted by Graham Bennett <gr...@simulcra.org>.
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 08:33:22AM +0000, C G wrote:
> I've just downloaded the latest version of xerces-c, but I'm have problems
> getting it to work. I have a simple test program hello.c, but can't get it
> to compile.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin
>
> Ps I'm using gcc-2.95 under Debain stable

If you use g++ rather than gcc then the C++ support libraries will be
linked in for you and you shouldn't get this kind of error.

cheers,

Graham.

--
Graham Bennett

Re: libcxa

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 08.33 14/04/2004 +0000, C G wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I've just downloaded the latest version of xerces-c, but I'm have problems
>getting it to work. I have a simple test program hello.c, but can't get it
>to compile.
>
>Has anyone got any suggestions?

I guess you downloaded the binary version of Xerces for Linux; that version
is compiled using the Intel C++ Compiler 7.1, that requires libcxa.so at
runtime.
Given that you are going to use gcc 2.95, you should download the sources
and recompile them on your system.

Alberto