Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Tim C." <ti...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/07 21:20:00 UTC

hashtable mapping

I am just starting to re-write my Apache SOAP code to use AXIS. I want still
to maintain compatability with old SOAP servers. This is fine except for
when I try to send a java Hashtable to the server. Does anyone have an
example of how to serialize the Hashtable in such a way that it maintain
back compatability?

So, ideally I want an equivalent to:

Vector params = new Vector();
params.addElement(new org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter("INPUT",
                   Hashtable.class,dataToTransfer, null));

Many thanks!

Re: hashtable mapping

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
"Tim C." wrote:

> I am just starting to re-write my Apache SOAP code to use AXIS. I want still
> to maintain compatability with old SOAP servers. This is fine except for
> when I try to send a java Hashtable to the server. Does anyone have an
> example of how to serialize the Hashtable in such a way that it maintain
> back compatability?
>
> So, ideally I want an equivalent to:
>
> Vector params = new Vector();
> params.addElement(new org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter("INPUT",
>                    Hashtable.class,dataToTransfer, null));

  I am not certain if it will meet your needs, but if you look in the samples
directory some of the samples use a HashTable.