Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Apache Lucene <lu...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 16:33:04 UTC

indexing problems

Hi,
       I am using Lucene 1.9.1 to index the files. The index writer created
the following files
(1) segment file "segments"
(2) deletable file "deletable"
(3) compound file "cfs"

None of the other files like term info, frequency..etc were created. Is
there something obvious, I am doing wrong?

thanks,
lucenator

Re: indexing problems

Posted by Apache Lucene <lu...@gmail.com>.
BTW, I could access that index using Luke. It works fine.

Re: indexing problems

Posted by Apache Lucene <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: indexing problems

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Apache Lucene wrote:

> Is it advisable to use compound file format? or should I revert it
> back to
> simple file format? How do I revert it back?

There is a setter on IndexWriter to set it back if you like.   The
compound format avoids the issues that cropped up a lot in the past
with greatly segmented indexes eating up all available file handles.

How you set it really depends.  Try both and see.

> lucenenator

haha!

	Erik

Re: indexing problems