Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dylan van Iersel <dy...@van-iersel.org> on 2002/07/28 16:37:43 UTC

TilesRequestProcessor configuration (struts 1.1b1)

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to pass the TilesRequestProcessor the info on where
to find the tile definitions?

--
Dylan

Re: TilesRequestProcessor configuration (struts 1.1b1)

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

  The TilesRequestProcessor looks for definition in the
DefinitionFactory. This later is created and initialized by the
TilesConfig. What you can do is to specify the DefinitionFactory class,
and thus implement your own factory.
  Otherwise, a default definition factory is used and initialized by
reading tiles definition files. You can specify several file names to
load. See the TilesPlugin (or web.xml) syntax
(http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_tiles.html).

   Cedric

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're misunderstanding how to use Tiles.
 Have you checked out Chuck's chapter on tiles?  Remember:  when you're
using tiles you probably have to specify that your action extends one of
the Tiles actions.  Cedric eluded that this behavior should have gone
away in recent nightly builds though, so I'm not entirely certain you
should have to do this, if you're using a recent nightly.  Otherwise,
you will.

Regards,

Eddie