Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/07/16 13:18:02 UTC

[Summary] Clovering Cactus tests with Maven

Hi,

Some of you asked how to run Clover on Cactus tests. I tried to do it and
found that indeed there were some issues. I've now modified the Maven Clover
plugin so that it is possible to Clover Cactus tests.

You'll need to do the following:

1/ Use at least version 1.6 of the Maven Clover report. ATM, it is not yet
released so you'll have to build it from the source (CVS HEAD on
maven-plugins module).

2/ In the Maven project used to execute the Cactus tests, add a dependency
to Clover:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>clover</groupId>
     <artifactId>clover-ant</artifactId>
     <version>1.3_01</version>
     <properties>
       <cactus.bundle>true</cactus.bundle>
     </properties>
   </dependency>

3/ Then type "maven clean clover:on cactus". This instruments both the
project's source code + its Cactus tests

4/ Once it is finished, type "maven clover:report" to generate the HTML
Clover report. It will be located in target/docs/clover/index.html

-Vincent