Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by 罗 辉 <lu...@zetyun.com> on 2017/07/27 08:12:55 UTC

Is it possible to make use of SSD in a Ignite cluster?

Hello guys:

       My cluster has some SSDs, and I want to make use of them in my Ignite applications.

1.Is there a way to use SSD when my cluster memory is running out to cache the data?

2.Is there a parameter that control intermediate result storage directory, like the one "spark.local.dir" in apache spark?

3.Is there a parameter or a policy that Ignite can evict some data from memory to SSD based on LRU when the memory is running out?

Any relative ideas is appreciated.

thanks
San.Luo

答复: Is it possible to make use of SSD in a Ignite cluster?

Posted by 罗 辉 <lu...@zetyun.com>.
Thank you ,I got it.

________________________________
>1.Is there a way to use SSD when my cluster memory is running out to cache the data?
Ignite 2.1 can do this for you:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/distributed-persistent-store
it will be release this week.
>2.Is there a parameter that control intermediate result storage directory, like the one "spark.local.dir" in apache spark?
Check PersistentStoreConfiguration there's a parameter for this where you can define dir to store data.
>3.Is there a parameter or a policy that Ignite can evict some data from memory to SSD based on LRU when the memory is running out?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/evictions

Thanks,
Mikhail.

Re: Is it possible to make use of SSD in a Ignite cluster?

Posted by Michael Cherkasov <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi San Luo.