Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com> on 2019/02/15 18:37:04 UTC

Reaper 1.4 released

Hey folks,

I'm happy to share we (The Last Pickle) have just released version 1.4 of
Reaper.  For those of you who aren't aware of the project, it's an open
source tool for managing sub-range repairs, originally created by Spotify,
which we picked up and adopted about two years ago.

There's a blog post covering all the changes here:
http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2019/02/15/reaper-1_4-released.html

We're continued to move past the original repair tool's features.  We now
support taking cluster wide snapshots, UI for examining thread pools,
viewing active streaming sessions, and a bunch more.  The webui changes are
built on top of the original work done by Stefan Podkowinski.  The
highlights in this latest version adds the ability to secure the reaper
environment via Apache Shiro and auto blacklisting TWCS / DTCS tables.

The reaper website is here if you want to grab it:
http://cassandra-reaper.io/

--
Jon Haddad
http://www.rustyrazorblade.com