Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Zikuan An <ab...@apache.org> on 2023/01/19 04:42:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DevLake (Incubating) v0.15.0-rc4

Hello everyone,

This is a call for vote to release Apache DevLake (Incubating) v0.15.0-rc4.
The Apache DevLake community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache DevLake (Incubating) version v0.15.0-rc4.

In this release we fixed the license issues posed by Felix Cheung in the
last vote[1].

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Linkis community vote thread:
*https://lists.apache.org/thread/mbt8vkf6v1r1l500tf31fnmhjz9dow5c
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/mbt8vkf6v1r1l500tf31fnmhjz9dow5c>*

Vote result thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/2r000446hdkbrjr5yvlzlpmf64ffls8n

The release candidates:

*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/devlake/0.15.0-incubating-rc4
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/devlake/0.15.0-incubating-rc4>*

Git tag for the release:

*https://github.com/apache/incubator-devlake/releases/tag/v0.15.0-rc4
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-devlake/releases/tag/v0.15.0-rc4>*

Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
*https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/devlake/KEYS
<https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/devlake/KEYS>*

How to build:
*https://devlake.apache.org/docs/DeveloperManuals/DeveloperSetup
<https://devlake.apache.org/docs/DeveloperManuals/DeveloperSetup>*

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

[1]  https://lists.apache.org/thread/r1dnd1rnd7bccwytvc5rr8kvwmwdd1c5
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/r1dnd1rnd7bccwytvc5rr8kvwmwdd1c5>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DevLake (Incubating) v0.15.0-rc4

Posted by Zikuan An <ab...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your guidance,  we have done a lot of repairs, and we are ready
to release v0.15.0-rc5.

Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org> 于2023年1月31日周二 04:44写道:

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zikuan An <ab...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaiyun Zhang <ka...@merico.dev.INVALID>.
Hi Justin,
Thank you for the feedback! About the problem that the license of ManyPixels is incompatible with ALv2, can you elaborate a little more? Because when we checked the ManyPixels' license, it said it's free for personal and commercial usage, including modification and distribution.
Here is their license (https://www.manypixels.co/gallery)

Kind Regards,
Louis

2023年1月19日 下午2:15,Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>> 写道:

Hi,

I’ll also note you only got 2 +1 binding votes according to the names in your PPMC roster. [1] I assume Warren Chen might be Yingchu Chen? To be clear you should use the names on your roster.

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/devlake

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DevLake (Incubating) v0.15.0-rc4

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding) but more work is needed here.

I would be -1 (binding) from me if this didn’t use the WIP disclaimer. The software includes code under the MPL licence which can’t be in a source release [1], the ManyPixels license (likely category X) and your NOTICE and LICENSE files need work.

Also note that licenses may change over time, so I’d avoid using URLs to point to them. It is also unclear to me where the software mentioned in LICENSE is bundled in the source release. The LICENSE file needs reflect the contents of the source release and only mention software that is bundled within it. [2]

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are fine
- DISCLAIMER exists
- In LICENSE there is no need to repeat the ASF license text
- In LICENSE the ManyPixels license doesn’t seem to be compatible with the ALv2 as it it places restricts on use
- In LICENSE the full text of bundled 3rd party software needs to be included
- NOTICE repeats Information from LICENSE there is no need to do this
- It is unclear how these files are licensed [3-22]
- No unexpected binary fils
- I don’t have a setup for setting if it compiles

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b
2. https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#guiding
3. ./config-ui/src/images/icons/copy.svg
4.  ./config-ui/src/images/icons/delete.svg
5.  ./config-ui/src/images/icons/file.svg
6. ./config-ui/src/images/icons/github.svg
7. ./config-ui/src/images/icons/setting-con.svg
8.  ./config-ui/src/images/icons/slack.svg
9. ./config-ui/src/images/icons/sync.svg
10.  ./config-ui/src/images/icons/vector.svg
11. ./config-ui/src/images/integrations/azure.svg
12. ./config-ui/src/images/integrations/bitbucket.svg
13.  ./config-ui/src/images/integrations/gitee.svg
14. ./config-ui/src/images/integrations/incoming-webhook.svg
15../config-ui/src/images/integrations/zentao.svg
16. ./config-ui/src/plugins/webook/assets/icon.svg
17. ./config-ui/src/plugins/zentao/assets/icon.svg
18.  ./grafana/img/github.svg
19.  ./grafana/img/gitlab.svg
 20. ./grafana/img/jenkins.svg
 21. ./grafana/img/jira.svg