Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com> on 2007/01/25 13:50:21 UTC

topics - activemq-cpp

Hi

I try to REPLY BACK to a message like this (using getCMSReplyTo and creating
a Topic)

::cms::Topic* topic =
implSession->createTopic(message->getImplMessage()->getCMSReplyTo().c_str());
AMQTopic* replyTempTopic = new
AMQTopic(message->getImplMessage()->getCMSReplyTo().c_str(), false,   topic,
session->getImplSession());

AMQTopic constructor internally does a
this->implTopic = session->createTopic(topicName);

Running a bstat on the command line gave me the stats where I could see some
topics being registered like
Type = Topic
ConsumerCount = 0
Destination = /topic/{8E0DC228-7E66-493B-AD03-132BA75E315A}
BrokerName = localhost
DequeueCount = 0
EnqueueCount = 5

and some topics being registered like
Type = Topic
ConsumerCount = 1
Destination = System.Service.Login
BrokerName = localhost
DequeueCount = 0
EnqueueCount = 38

NOTE:: {8E0DC228-7E66-493B-AD03-132BA75E315A} in the above topic was a
random id generated for a topic - since CMS does not currently support
TemporaryTopics .... we create Topics with a random id like this to make it
behave like a TemporaryTopic

The difference here is that certain topics get started with /topic/ and some
topics do not. This creates a mismatch between the topic names ... The
result is clearly seen in my Enqueue count ... it is 38 ... Messages are not
being dequeued ...

I think this is happening because of the name mismatch when creating the
topics at the receiving end for giving a reply.

The complete output of bstat is attached as a txt - my messages are not
getting dequeued

Any suggestion would be really useful.

Thanks
Lalit Nagpal
CSA, SunGard

http://www.nabble.com/file/5922/bstat-op.txt bstat-op.txt

Re: topics - activemq-cpp

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, we've never seen this behavior before.  Could you provide a
sample main that demonstrates the problem, preferably without the AMQTopic
wrapper class?

Thanks!

Re: topics - activemq-cpp

Posted by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com>.