Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Tommi Mäkitalo <to...@epgmbh.de> on 2004/12/16 21:56:40 UTC

does logstream works at all?

Hi,

I just would like to know, if logstream works at all? The example-program
segfaults, when it tries to print something. It is a platform-specific
problem (SuSE 9.2/x86-84)?

Tommi

Re: does logstream works at all?

Posted by Tommi Mäkitalo <to...@epgmbh.de>.
Hi,

exactly this examples/stream segfaults. Here is a stack-trace:

[Switching to Thread 182914822752 (LWP 19695)]
0x0000002a960af733 in std::operator<< <wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>,
std::allocator<wchar_t> > ()
   from /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000002a960af733 in std::operator<< <wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>,
std::allocator<wchar_t> > ()
   from /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.5
#1  0x0000000000402d88 in operator<< (lhs=@0x7fbfffeb80, rhs=0x404796 "debug
message ") at stream.h:139
#2  0x0000000000402f16 in main () at locationinfo.h:132
(gdb)

I tried to figure ot, whats really happening, but I don't know.

Tommi

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher Smith <x...@xman.org>.
Tommi Mäkitalo wrote:
> I just would like to know, if logstream works at all? The example-program
> segfaults, when it tries to print something. It is a platform-specific
> problem (SuSE 9.2/x86-84)?

Hmm.. they work fine for me. It'd be intersting to know where it's
segfaulting. Have you tried the alternative logstream package I
submitted. I'd be even more curious if it worked and the regular one
didn't (since they rely on the same principles).

--Chris