Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2003/10/22 14:08:23 UTC

How to modify code without restarting Tomcat

Hello,

Is there a way to modify Cocoon (Java) without restarting Tomcat?

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2 with JDK 1.4.1, Tomcat 4.1.24 and Eclipse 2.1.1.

Thanks
Sylvain

Re: How to modify code without restarting Tomcat

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Geoff Howard dijo:
> Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to modify Cocoon (Java) without restarting Tomcat?
>>
>> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2 with JDK 1.4.1, Tomcat 4.1.24 and Eclipse
>> 2.1.1.
>
> Yes, you can configure tomcat to monitor WEB-INF/classes and lib for
> changes and reload the classes.  See the tomcat docs for details - IIRC
> it's a one line config change.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/loader.html

Antonio Gallardo

Re: How to modify code without restarting Tomcat

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to modify Cocoon (Java) without restarting Tomcat?
>
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2 with JDK 1.4.1, Tomcat 4.1.24 and Eclipse 2.1.1.

Yes, you can configure tomcat to monitor WEB-INF/classes and lib for
changes and reload the classes.  See the tomcat docs for details - IIRC
it's a one line config change.

Geoff