Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/30 00:02:18 UTC

AWS processor changes - assist with "design review"

All,
I had been reviewing an addition to the AWS processors which uses Amazon
Resource Names. I think we may have hit a point where it is going to be
very tricky to shoehorn in the capability while preserving backwards
compatibility. I was hoping to get some other eyes on the issue to ensure
the conversation in the ticket is going the right way:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1325?focusedCommentId=15073186&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15073186

Re: AWS processor changes - assist with "design review"

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
I can't say I've done my due diligence on this one (not yet), but the idea of using ControllerService for these type of things is becoming more and more reasonable.
I am actually thinking about using the same approach for bringing different JMS providers, Hadoop libraries and other things where variants have to be introduced to Processors, regardless of what those variants are. And the word 'controller' makes perfect sense when you apply it to that scope - it imposes certain control on Processor, and that in itself may be the solution to Tony's issue, although as I said I have to look at it more closely.

Oleg

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Michael Kobit <mk...@gmail.com>.