Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Zissis Trabaris <z....@insysware.com> on 2009/06/04 01:16:29 UTC

Modeling indexes

Is there a MergerToken or equivalent that I can use to define indexes on
tables? We have an MDA environment that extends the Cayenne DB and
Object models to include meta data about table indexes. I would like to
upgrade my DB merge code to also synchronize, or create new indexes
where appropriate. I do understand that I can just query the DBAdaptor
for the correct quoting characters and execute raw SQL to create the
indexes after I have finished executing the DBMerger but I was wondering
if there is a cleaner way of achieving this via an existing MergerToken
or equivalent.

Zissis Trabaris * Chief Technology Officer * INSYSWARE * 3235 West River
Road, Grand Island, New York, 14072, USA
Mobile (716) 930-5654 * Office (518) 636-4118 * Fax (716) 625-1305 *
z.trabaris@insysware.com <ma...@insysware.com>  *
www.insysware.com <http://www.insysware.com/>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.

RE: Modeling indexes

Posted by Zissis Trabaris <z....@insysware.com>.
I unfortunately do not have the time to properly implement it through
the cayenne stack nor do I have all the cayenne DB types to regression
test against at the moment. For now I will deal with it via SQLTemplates
and hope someone drops in the feature properly in the future. Thank you
for the reply. As usual, the list is very helpful.

z.trabaris@insysware.com * www.insysware.com

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.