Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 17:31:28 UTC

jCloud and HTTPS

Hi:
I'm new to using HTTPS to  access OpenStack compute API hosted on a HTTPS
url. Is there any special settings that I should set to allow HTTPs call to
endpoints to succeed?.
Pls advise.

Thanks,

BK

Re: jCloud and HTTPS

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> I'm new to using HTTPS to  access OpenStack compute API hosted on a HTTPS
> url. Is there any special settings that I should set to allow HTTPs call to
> endpoints to succeed?.

Have you tried simply setting the HTTPS endpoint when building your
context, as described in the ContextBuilder Javadoc? [1]

If that fails, could you put the error in a Pastie or Gist?

Regards

ap

[1] http://javadocs.jclouds.cloudbees.net/org/jclouds/ContextBuilder.html

Re: jCloud and HTTPS

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 11:15:33PM +0200, Andrew Phillips wrote:
> Quoting Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>:
> >I'm new to using HTTPS to  access OpenStack compute API hosted on a HTTPS
> >url. Is there any special settings that I should set to allow HTTPs call to
> >endpoints to succeed?.
>
> Have you tried simply setting the HTTPS endpoint when building your
> context, as described in the ContextBuilder Javadoc? [1]
>
> If that fails, could you put the error in a Pastie or Gist?

Also try experimenting with setting Constants.PROPERTY_RELAX_HOSTNAME
and Constants.PROPERTY_TRUST_ALL_CERTS in ContextBuilder.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: jCloud and HTTPS