Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2005/05/04 06:33:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r168028 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf.in

* slive@apache.org wrote:

> Author: slive
> Date: Tue May  3 17:23:48 2005
> New Revision: 168028

> Log:
> Missing ErrorDocument line for Not Acceptable.

Ah no, please revert this. 406 documents are filled by the apache and
setting up a home grown one is ... unwise. Perhaps we should add a comment
that there's better no custom 406.

nd
--
Gefunden auf einer "Webdesigner"-Seite:

# André Malo # http://pub.perlig.de/ #

Re: svn commit: r168028 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf.in

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> So should we remove the corresponding HTTP_NOT_ACCEPTABLE.var or should
> we add a comment to the config file explaining the tradeoffs (proper
> language, but no list)?

I'd guess, the best would be to add a note to the errordocument docs (for
300 and 406) and refer from the sample conf to it, without the 406
errordocument.

nd
--
Winnetous Erbe: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>

Re: svn commit: r168028 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/conf/extra/httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf.in

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

André Malo wrote:
> * slive@apache.org wrote:
>

>>Author: slive
>>Date: Tue May  3 17:23:48 2005
>>New Revision: 168028

>>Log:
>>Missing ErrorDocument line for Not Acceptable.
>

> Ah no, please revert this. 406 documents are filled by the apache and
> setting up a home grown one is ... unwise. Perhaps we should add a comment
> that there's better no custom 406.

Indeed.  (I thought it was only multiple-choices that generated the
list, but not-acceptable does as well.)

So should we remove the corresponding HTTP_NOT_ACCEPTABLE.var or should
we add a comment to the config file explaining the tradeoffs (proper
language, but no list)?

Joshua.