Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/07 22:49:23 UTC

TMR should nopt create topic if not existing.

Hi,

There has been discussion on the ticket :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2887, that we are going to
deprecate auto-creation of topic or at least turn it off by default once we
have the CreateTopics API. It also says the patch is available for this.

The only other ticket that I came across on the ticket is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1507.

I wanted to confirm that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1507
is the ticket that has the CreateTopics API patch.

--
-Regards,
Mayuresh R. Gharat

Re: TMR should nopt create topic if not existing.

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Mayuresh,

Your understand aligns with my understanding.

Thanks,
Grant

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Mayuresh Gharat <gharatmayuresh15@gmail.com

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.