Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bajaj, Aparna" <AB...@e-gatematrix.com> on 2003/10/14 21:34:51 UTC

setting up the tomcat server for struts applications - HTTP 500 e rror

Has anyone used the book, Struts in Action by Manning Publications? I am
reading that book, and just tried the first sample application from Chapter
1. The server seems to come up alright, but if I want to run my sample
application, I get the following error:-

HTTP Status 500

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /register.jsp(0,4) Invalid directive

I know this a server error, and the problem could be because the server
hasn't been setup properly. I tried all the solutions I could find on the
web, but it still doesn't seem to solve my problem. Does anyone know what
else could be wrong? Like common mistakes?

I am using Tomcat 4.1.27

Thanks,
Aparna