Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by zeroxff <fr...@eng.it> on 2014/03/13 12:54:55 UTC

How to Disable schema validation in FOP 1.1 (as in FOP 0.20.5)

Hello,

Is it possible to convert FO file to PDF without validating FO? I've a set
of old .fo files which can be processed and converted to PDF by FOP 0.20.5.

Those files violate the (unofficial) FO XSD but the old release of Apache
FOP ignores this and produces a PDF file.

I've tried to disable the strict validation in Apache FOP 1 (via
fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false)) but i've got no result.

Is there any way to disable validation, as a backward compatibility measure
with FOP 0.20.5?

Examples of XSD violations (ignored by FOP 0.20.5)

Here, fo:region-body, according to xsd, must be in first position but is not
mandatory according to w3c

Here, fo:external-graphic, according to xsd,  must be enclosed in a
<fo:block>...</fo:block> element

Thanks in advance.
ff

Re: How to Disable schema validation in FOP 1.1 (as in FOP 0.20.5)

Posted by zeroxff <fr...@eng.it>.
Hi Luis Bernardo,

thank you for your answer, here are some examples of XSD violations
(ignored by FOP 0.20.5)

<fo:simple-page-master margin-right="7mm" margin-left="7mm"
margin-bottom="7mm" margin-top="7mm" page-height="297mm"
page-width="210mm" master-name="A4">
   <fo:region-before extent="240mm" region-name="xsl-region-before"/>
   <fo:region-after extent="20mm"/>
   <fo:region-body margin-bottom="30.0mm" margin-top="70mm"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>

Here, fo:region-body, according to xsd, must be in first position but is
not mandatory according to w3c

<fo:table-cell border-width="0.1mm" border-before-style="solid"
border-left-style="solid" space-before="13mm" column-number="1">
   <fo:external-graphic scaling-method="integer-pixels" height="58px"
width="245px" src="file:logo.gif"/>
</fo:table-cell>

--
*Francesco Fioravanti*
Direzione PAL - Area Document Management

*Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa*
Galleria del Leone, 3 - 40100 Bologna
www.eng.it

c/o
*Regione Emilia-Romagna - PARER*
Viale Aldo Moro, 64 - 40100 Bologna
tel 051 527 8069

Re: How to Disable schema validation in FOP 1.1 (as in FOP 0.20.5)

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
OK, setting strict validation to false relaxes strict validation but it
doesn't mean that it is totally lax or just bypassed. It turns out that
relaxed validation doesn't forgive your first example.... An example
that would pass would be placing an fo:table-footer element after a
fo:table-body.

Posted by zeroxff <fr...@eng.it>.
Hello again,

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.