Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Allison <to...@tacocat.net> on 2007/05/28 02:53:17 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd

I tried to set up this module with posgresql as my SQL database.

I loaded 'DBDriver pgsql' and other Directives in httpd.conf
and apache2ctl immediately complained that there was no such thing
understood.
I checked to see that the module was loaded, it was.

Since this appears to be "step #1" according to the docs I'm sort of
at a loss on what to even look at.

help?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 28/05/07, Tom Allison <to...@tacocat.net> wrote:
> I'll take a look, but this is a long ways from what I would expect from
> debian-stable packaging...

Debian may have better tools for this job such as apt-cache search
<term>, but I don't use that distro so good luck :)

--
noodl

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd

Posted by Tom Allison <to...@tacocat.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 28/05/07, Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/05/07, Tom Allison <to...@tacocat.net> wrote:
> > I loaded 'DBDriver pgsql' and other Directives in httpd.conf
> > and apache2ctl immediately complained that there was no such thing
> > understood.
> > I checked to see that the module was loaded, it was.

Look at the output of srclib/apr-util/configure --help, which includes
--with-pgsql=dir. I don't know if that means you have to install apr &
apr-util separately, or if the main httpd configure script can pass on
that argument.

--
noodl

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authn_dbd

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 28/05/07, Tom Allison <to...@tacocat.net> wrote:
> I loaded 'DBDriver pgsql' and other Directives in httpd.conf
> and apache2ctl immediately complained that there was no such thing
> understood.
> I checked to see that the module was loaded, it was.

You need to make sure libaprutil has the appropriate driver for your
database. I don't recall offhand what the configure flags are to
enable that, but this might help:

nm httpd/lib/libaprutil-1.0.2.8.dylib |grep sqlite

In my case that produces a long list of names, including
apr_dbd_sqlite3.o, meaning, i think, that i have sqlite 3 support. Not
that .dylib is mac os x specific, on linux that'd be a .so.

--
noodl