Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Philipp Chudinov <mo...@basko.ru> on 2003/02/02 23:35:34 UTC

document boost

Hi!
Should I use document.setBoot() only when searching, or I can set it while
indexing? The idea is that some documents can have higher priority then
others, so it would be great if I could set boost according to document
priority when adding document to the index, so it always have more relevance
then the same with lower priority?

Phil.

Re: document boost

Posted by Philipp Chudinov <mo...@basko.ru>.
thanks. me too... but since the idea with boosting is not documented enough,
I thought, maybe this magic tool can do it also ;)
Phil.

Re: document boost

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.