Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by jimfcarroll <ji...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 17:21:12 UTC

AddressResolver in clients

I managed to get a cluster of servers set up using docker in bridge mode by
supplying an AddressResolver for both discovery and communications. I only
did this in the servers. Intuitively it doesn't seem necessary to do this in
clients since I'm assuming connection initiation is done from the clients to
the servers, so as long as the clients get the correct addresses during the
discovery phase, they shouldn't need to resolve their own external address.

However, it's not clear from the documentation on Clients vs Servers if this
is the case. I'm assuming cleints don't even listen on any ports. Can
someone clarify?

Thanks

Re: AddressResolver in clients

Posted by jimfcarroll <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Re: AddressResolver in clients

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In current implementation connections can be established either way, so
servers must be able to connect to clients. Therefore client nodes should
also have address resolvers exposing their public addresses.

-Val