Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stu Hood <st...@webmail.us> on 2007/07/24 00:08:46 UTC

Third-party Jars in MapReduce job

Hello,

I'm working on a MapReduce job that requires some third-party jars. I know that the devs are working on [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1622] HADOOP-1622, which should make this problem easy, but for now (and for backwards compatibility), how is this best accomplished?

I've tried adding the 3rd party jars to lib/ in my job-jar, so that the structure looks like so:
META-INF
us
    webmail
        hadoop
            mapred
                *
lib
    third-party-one.jar
    third-party-two.jar

... but no luck. The job fails saying that it can't find classes that are contained in the third party jars.

How are other users accomplishing this?

Stu Hood
Webmail.us
"You manage your business. We'll manage your email."®

Re: Third-party Jars in MapReduce job

Posted by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com>.
Stu,
Are you using for devleopment Maven repository with Hadoop. I have the same
issue as you are actully with 3-d party jars.
Thanks,
Dt
www.ejinz.com
Search engine Economy