Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/21 16:59:13 UTC

bnd-plugin - selecting inlined content

Hi everybody,

I'm using the latest version of the bnd plugin and I'm trying to find a way to select only some packages from the
inlined content. The problem in my case is that I have a 'big' dependency jar from which I'd like to extract only the
needed classes - I know that I can select the inlined jars but I can't find a way to select/deselect the content.

Costin

Re: bnd-plugin - selecting inlined content

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 21/03/2008, Costin Leau <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm using the latest version of the bnd plugin and I'm trying to find a
> way to select only some packages from the
> inlined content. The problem in my case is that I have a 'big' dependency
> jar from which I'd like to extract only the
> needed classes - I know that I can select the inlined jars but I can't
> find a way to select/deselect the content.

If you're using Embed-Dependency then it currently only supports
inlining the complete jar. However, there are other ways you could
do this...

1)  add the package to either Private-Package or Export-Package
     which means Bnd will pull in the package from the classpath

2)  use an explicit Include-Resource using the "foo-version.jar!path"
     syntax - use {maven-resources} and {maven-dependencies} to
     add the generated entries to your customized Include-Resource

     (see Peter's Bnd page for the full Include-Resource syntax)

HTH

> Costin

Cheers, Stuart