Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Walend <df...@cornell.edu> on 2001/09/19 22:13:33 UTC

javac task and the vm [was Re: very basic question]

Matthew Inger wrote:

>Does the "javac" task use the same vm to compile as it uses
>to run ANT?  Or is there something special it does to boost
>the compile time.

Mathew,

Unless you use the fork="yes" option in ant 1.4, ant uses the same vm to
compile. My machine seems to take about three seconds to start a vm, so
it's not much of a penalty. However, the only times I've needed to use
this option were when I was compiling source that used a different
version of java's xml libraries.

Dave