Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wh...@aol.com on 2000/11/06 23:05:31 UTC

IIS and Struts

Can anyone tell me if Struts works w/ IIS? If so, can anyone point me to a
tutorial on setting it up. Thanks
whrsdabeer@aol.com

Re: IIS and Struts

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
WhrsDaBeer@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if Struts works w/ IIS? If so, can anyone point me to a
> tutorial on setting it up. Thanks
> whrsdabeer@aol.com

Struts by itself won't work with IIS because IIS doesn't support servlets.
However, if you use a servlet container like Tomcat or JRun with an IIS
connector, it should be fairly straightforward to set this up.

For Tomcat in particular (since I'm more familiar with it), the only
non-standard configuration setting you need to do is make sure that the *.do
URLs get forwarded to Tomcat instead of IIS trying to serve them.  Details are
in a HOWTO guide that comes with Tomcat.

Craig McClanahan

RE: IIS and Struts

Posted by Malcolm Davis <ma...@nuearth.com>.
Great question.  I would assume so, but you would still
need to have the Servlet/JSP container engine installed.

1. You need to download and install Tomcat.
2. After installing Tomcat, you can setup Tomcat to work with IIS:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/etc/Att
ic/tomcat-iis-howto.html?

I would install Tomcat and Struts first, get that going,
then put in the hook for IIS.

Good luck,
Malcolm