Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by apc <ad...@cooper.net> on 2007/04/01 15:05:05 UTC

Whitelisting subject line

Hi,

I have been a Linux tech for many years, and now I want to get the most out
of Spam Assassin. My email address has been around for about 15 years and
has found its way on to just about every spam list out there; I receive over
3000 spam messages per day currently; of which my basic Spam Assassin
install under QMail gets about 90% of them.

Question: I subscribe to various Yahoo Groups lists and I am finding that my
spam score setting, 0, is filtering many of them. If I set it to 3 which
allows Yahoo mail through, it also allows through about 30% more spam.

Can I white list subject lines in local.cf?

If so I can whitelist the standard Yahoo group header, assuming I can use
wildcards for the rest of the subjectline.

Thanks!

I am so pleased to have Spam Assassin; email without it would be a much
worse place.

Re: Whitelisting subject line

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
apc wrote:

> Dan Barker wrote:
>
>> Well, this works here.

>> Dan
>>

> Thanks! I have added that; I am sure it will works if it works for you.

Generally this works because SA honors the "Return-Path" header as an
alternate for From:. It will also honor a pile of other headers, and
hints dropped in the Received: headers by some MTAs.

This doesn't work for some folks using milters, as the Return-Path
header might not be in place yet, but most better SA milters are set up
to fake it.

RE: Whitelisting subject line

Posted by apc <ad...@cooper.net>.

Posted by Dan Barker <db...@visioncomm.net>.