Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> on 2017/04/14 22:39:43 UTC

Question about license

I think this is a question more for Pat Hunt. When going over the RAT report for the 3.5.3 RC, I noticed a bunch of doxygen-related files that have been there for quite some as they don't have the Apache License header. What actually called my attention is this observation in the legal FAQ:

CAN WE USE DOXYGEN-GENERATED CONFIG FILES?
As long as the generated comments are removed from the Doxygen-generated files, these files may be used.

https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

I'm not entirely sure what comments this is referring to. Does Pat or anyone else remember if we have done a license sanity check on those files?

Thanks,
-Flavio

Re: Question about license

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Seems to me that we should address these in the next release of 3.4/3.5.
Simple enough to do to some into compliance.

Patrick

Re: Question about license

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--