Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 16:46:26 UTC

Axis2 isn't following document literal wrapped standard in generated code

I'm trying out Axis2 after using XFire.  I have a WSDL that is
document literal wrapped.  My WSDL operation has a single element
named parameters.  This element refers to a complex type called
XInHolder.  This element contains a single element, called XIn which
is a complextype.

As I understand the wrapped standard, my method foo should have one
parameter named XIn.  This is because each element of the "wrapper
object" is a parameter to the method.  This is the case with XFire.

With Axis2, my method foo has a XDocument parameter (using xmlbeans
bindings).  This document class as a getXInHolder method.  The result
is Axis2 is generating the code with not only the wrapper element
(which shouldn't be) but also a Document object which wraps the
wrapper element.  This adds 2 levels to my web service.

This isn't a major problem because my web service simply delegates to
a business service and we can dereference the objects and pass the
correct object (XIn).  But it doesn't seem like Axis2 is respecting
the wrapped standard.  Actually I'm not sure this is even specified in
the standard.

Any ideas?

Re: Axis2 isn't following document literal wrapped standard in generated code

Posted by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com>.
I'm using xmlbeans, and I noticed that the unwrap option doesn't have
any effect.  I get the same results.

I think I tried adb with unwrap false, and since false is the default,
I think there is not a need to specify it.

-Michael

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Michael,