Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com> on 2000/11/09 22:05:21 UTC

method='text' on redirect:write?

Hi,

Can I control the output method (ideally with an AVT) on XalanJ1's
redirect:write extension element?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM | 'Heartless Cynics,' the young men shout, /
XML Technology Center     | Blind to the world of Fact without; /

Re: method='text' on redirect:write?

Posted by Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com>.
/ Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> was heard to say:
| Not with the existing implementations.  For fun, you might want to try
| to implement that functionality and then contribute it back to the
| project.

Thanks for the info. I might just do that. I suppose I should get the
J2 sources now... :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM | Where it is permissible both to die and not
XML Technology Center     | to die, it is an abuse of valour to

Re: method='text' on redirect:write?

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Norman Walsh wrote:
> Can I control the output method (ideally with an AVT) on XalanJ1's
> redirect:write extension element?

Not with the existing implementations.  For fun, you might want to try
to implement that functionality and then contribute it back to the
project.

I think you'd just need to go into the makeFormatterListener routine in
Redirect, get the attribute with getAttribute (be sure to use the three
argument version which is the one supporting AVTs), then monkey with the
OutputFormat before calling createResultContentHandler.  This is the
XalanJ2 version but similar for J1.

Have fun,
Gary