Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/02 11:46:33 UTC

httpd-proxy-scoreboard

Hi,

I am trying to get the slotmem persistent (because for the moment it
didn't persist even a graceful restart).
So I have a question:
- Is there a way to have a pool in a module that will only be cleaned up
when httpd stops?

Anyway I would like to have an option to have the slotmem persistent
over restart of httpd or machine.
In the proxy_health_checher a part of the slot mem is configuration
information, that part only needs to be restored from the saved
information only if the httpd.conf has not been changed.

For the moment I will write the slot mems on disk and restore them.
Probably that has to be configurable: like restoring always, only if
configuration hasn't changed etc.

Any comments?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: httpd-proxy-scoreboard

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to get the slotmem persistent (because for the moment it
>> didn't persist even a graceful restart).
>> So I have a question:
>> - Is there a way to have a pool in a module that will only be cleaned
>> up when httpd stops?
>>

> I suppose you should do that like its done for scoreboard,
> by adding a hook to core.c
>
> ap_hook_pre_mpm(ap_create_scoreboard, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);

Not easy: once I have prevented the cleanup I have to find back the
shared memory because the module has been unloaded and reloaded.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: httpd-proxy-scoreboard

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.